Teams licensing changes per Oct 1
Microsoft recently announced here that it will decouple Teams, its popular communication and collaboration platform, from its Microsoft 365 suites in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. This means that customers who buy one of these suites will have the option to chose a bundle with or without Teams license, starting at October 1.
Why is Microsoft changing Teams licensing?
What does this mean for you as a customer?
If you already have a Microsoft 365 suite with Teams included; during your subscription term there is no change and you can continue to use Teams as usual.
However, if you want to buy a new business or enterprise suite or renew your current suite after October 1, 2023, you now have options. You can choose a Business suite without Teams at a lower price (€2 less per month or €24 less per year). You can also buy Teams separately at a list price of €5 per month or €60 per year.
Enterprise license bundles require additional Teams license
Our advise is therefore: make sure your licenses are the best match for your organization, any doubts or questions? Schedule a meeting with us to evaluate your licenses, we are here to help.
The power of Teams for communication and collaboration: Universal’s vision
But, Teams also seamless integrates with the Universal Communications Suite. You can use MS Teams as your unified communication and collaboration platform, and leverage the power of AI to enhance your customer interactions. You can use the integration between uCallManager, uWebChat, and MS Teams to streamline your workflows and data. You can use features like single sign-on, data synchronization, cross-channel transfer, and more to provide a consistent and personalized customer service.
Use uWebChat to add live chat to your website and connect it to MS Teams with advanced options for:
- AI driven live chat for improved service quality and efficiency
- Advanced agent hunting guarantees high servicelevels
- Text to speech and real time translation in any world language
- Security & compliancy; chat archive can be stored in your company OneDrive only
You can use uCallManager to manage your inbound and outbound calls from MS Teams with:
- Advanced call routing for Teams
- Integrates with Dynamics, Salesforce, Topdesk and other applications to recognize callers
- Interactive Voice Response menu’s
- Call recording for Teams
- Call analytics & Power BI dashboards
- Automated call transcripts
- Microsoft Shifts integration